Cyber threats facing small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs)
Many fall prey to dangerous practices, like clicking on suspicious emails, using easily guessable passwords, or neglecting timely software updates. This can inadvertently open doors to cyber attackers.
If you are concerned about your business’s cyber security, there are a number of ways to strengthen your cyber defences.
Tips from an expert
Some essential steps that can bolster your business's cyber security:
- Discuss cyber threats: regularly chat about scams and cyber security with your team, as keeping the topic front and centre builds awareness.
- Implement multi-factor authentication: especially for email and social media accounts.
- Install updates promptly: ensure your computers, phones, tablets, and apps are always updated.
- Regular backups: always back up your data and test these backups frequently.
- Strengthen your password game: using a password manager can help you create and manage robust passwords for all your accounts.